Why would you choose a coach? If you are struggling with a part of your life and having a running conversation about why it’s not working or who is to blame, you might be tired of being stuck. Nothing is likely to change until you declare “enough is enough” and take action. You may not know what it will take exactly. You just know you are ready for change.
What coaching offers you: I believe that you are ultimately your own best coach. You have the answers within you and what you need is help accessing those answers. A commitment to coaching gives you:
- A safe place to step back and assess your needs and what’s working or not working toward satisfying your needs.
- New ways to observe and interpret your situation, new options that may serve your needs better, and the freedom to choose.
- Guided access to powerful new strategies and tools for personal transformation coupled with personal coaching to ensure effective application.
- Self-generate strategies to transform your way of being, accomplish the personal changes you want and the outcomes you want.
- Someone to hold you accountable by request to follow through on your commitments.
- Free intro coaching: Begin with a ‘taste test’. Let’s have a conversation about what coaching is and is not and give you an experience of coaching. It’s important for both of us to test the chemistry fit too.
- Open frame: Many people like to make a commitment to structure of regular calls for a few weeks or months as the next step. This provides momentum for transformational learning with what we call an ‘open frame’ where you set the agenda for each coaching conversation.
- Transformational Coaching: Frequently a person comes with a clear and urgent problem such as relationship breakdown, work crisis, financial difficulties, life purpose lost, or depression. There are many possibilities. In these cases we don’t offer therapy. We focus on accomplishing rapid transformation to relieve the suffering, followed by maintenance coaching to reinforce support change.
- Problem Employees: If you are a business owner, executive or manager you no doubt have a few people who cause you difficulties. We don’t promise miracles but we can quickly discern if change is realistic. A coach can get connected to a person in ways that a manager can’t and arguably shouldn’t try. Confidence with this approach builds quickly with experience. One thing is sure. Investing in coaching is inexpensive compared to the alternatives.
- Performance Problems: Whether you are private or public sector, performance problems are constant and constantly changing. What worked yesterday doesn’t work any longer. It may help just to have a sounding board to someone able to objectively assess your situation and generate a turn around strategy to revitalize performance.
- Performance Based Leadership Development: The premise is that leaders generate results through language –through conversation, and that this is transparent –- not visible. We can’t manage what we can’t see. Organizations are functional networks of conversations and commitments. Operational processes are conversation processes with measurable outcomes. Performance breakdowns are symptomatic of conversation breakdowns – ineffective or missing conversations.
Performance based design. The goal is quick and significant payback. It may start with a one to one coaching where we co design and application as a pilot. Or it may be that you select a performance issue and create a team to assess the conversation breakdowns in a process and design the conversational corrects and adds.
Coaching calls: Most coaching is done on the telephone or by skype. Face to face meeting can be arranged.
Fees: Vary with circumstances.