Open this PDF in your browser
You can save the file from your browser or right-click (Mac Control-click) on the link to save without opening in your browser.
April 16, 2014
Delta Meadowvale Hotel and Conference Centre – Club Studio 3
“A Safe, Sure Path to a Better Future”
8:30 – 8:45 am Welcome and introductory remarks
8:45 – 10.15 am The Change Leadership Option for Facility Managers
- Negative emotions as a positive tool to generate positive leadership action.
- Your situational trap and the failing business model you inherited.
- Business System redesign workshop. Goals >Machine>Results.
- Assessing what’s missing in the current model and what needs to be added in your new model.
- Your goals > Your Machine> Your new Results.
Outcome:Starter plan for new business model.
10:15-10:30 am Break
10:30 – 12:00 How to lead Facility Strategy for your organization
- Some immediate perceived benefits and barriers.
- Expanding your role from “maintaining” facilities to leading strategy for renewal.
- Getting the positioning you need with senior management.
- Gap Management: A proven strategy leadership process.
- What gives your process power: Metrics, goals, team process? Third party Facilitation.
- More about third party facilitation.
Outcome:A safe sure plan for you assuming the role of Facility Strategy leader
12 Noon – 1:00 pm Lunch Break
1:00 – 2:30 pm The quickest and surest way to business renewal
- The world standard for performance leadership. Customer- supplier performance based partnering.
- Distinguishing between a “vendor” and an “integrator”.
- 360 Degree Partnering Vision for optimal performance.
- FMLI Support for Facility Managers: RFP design, evaluating RFP responses, managing supplier partnerships and back end performance assurance.
- How to fund the new business model components of organizational renewal.
2:30 -2:45 pm Afternoon Break
2:45 pm – 4 pm Guest speakers: Summary Observations
- Facility Management Perspective: Al Cook, Manager of Facility Services, Greater Essex DSB
- Municipal Perspective: Ian Smith, Director of Parks & Recreation, City of Sarnia
4 – 4:25 pm Back Home Plan of Action
4.30 pm Close